Wednesday, September 16, 2009

9/13/09-The Hangover


Worst. Hangover. Ever.

Emily's dream came true. Well, Cameron didn't teach my workshop, but Laura and Helena did. I swayed around the house from my bed to the toilet and back again. Flush, rinse, repeat. I desperately had to snap out of this before the show at 4.

I tried to nap it off but I couldn't breathe. I was laying totally still and gasping for air, feeling like my throat was closing up. Actual fear made an appearance a few times. I wanted to get up, but I felt like I had to hide from the students I'd bailed on teaching hard tricks to. So I just laid there, gasping and thinking about what a huge idiot I am.

When it was safe to come out I dragged myself into the yard to stretch. Opening up my joints let even more toxins out and I felt worse yet. I joined Elena as the cafe and downed a bowl of potatoes, beans, cheese, sour crème and bacon. Ahhh...a little better.

By some miracle, we did our best show yet. BY the time we'd finished acro, my hangover was totally gone. I felt like a normal person again, just in time to rock the frame with Crockett. Another standing ovation...6 out of 6 ain't bad.

However, it's after the show that the magic happened. I don't know how a day can go from feeling so utterly dismal to so mindblowingly amazing. Something about us, I guess. The combination of us-ness. We jumped into our bathing suits—old fashioned onesies and surfer girl bikinis and back into the van for a trip to the hot springs. About ½ way there I heard Amanda screaming, “OH MY GOD!” We all looked out the window and saw A BABY BEAR wandering across the road and waddling its cute little baby bear butt up a hill. We all were screaming at the top of our lungs. “A BABY BEAR A BABY BEAR WE JUST SAW A BABY BEAR!” We hadn't even finished screaming when Amanda started screaming again “OH MY GOD! A RAINBOW!”
“AUGH AUUUUGH AAAAAUGH! A RAINBOW!” We saw a baby bear at the end of a rainbow.

Our minds were totally blown and we hadn't even hiked down the gorge to the Rio Grande to sit under the stars in hot springs, 8 naked acrobats in nature. Stars shot across the sky as we plunged into the freezing river and tripped up the rocks back to the hot springs. “Where are we? What in the hell is going on?” Cameron kept muttering. Seriously.

The only thing that could have made it better would have been pizza. Oh, and we got that, too...hangover, gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment