Wednesday, September 16, 2009

9/16/09-Waking Up in Vegas



It's like herding cats. There are so many flashing lights to distract and trips to the bathroom to make. It takes us 3 hours to leave Circus Circus, which is of course where we stayed for our night in Vegas.




Lizzy and I were working in super-fast motion the night before and had to break off from the group. We went to every bar that sounded familiar as a celebrity hang out from Us Weekly. We bought saketinis at glowing bars and got guest listed into Lavo—hoping to bump into Britney or Mischa.
The other ladies blew their wads on blackjack and fake motorcycle rides, resulting in hilarious photo keychains.




We drove another white-knuckled 300 miles from Vegas to LA...about 50 miles per hour the whole way, the van still feeling like trying to do rola bola on a rolling globe. At one point I was driving a straight line and swerved, for no reason at all, into the next (thankfully empty) lane over. It was like an invisible giant came from out of nowhere and pushed us as hard as possible. WTF?! (I can't believe my mom is reading this right now...mom, we're getting it fixed tomorrow!)

Pulling up to Elena's sister's house in LA, I hardly stopped the van before I jumped out and ran away from it as fast as possible. And what I ran into was literally an oasis at the end of a desert trudge. From the front door I could see out into the back yard where a pool and a trampoline awaited us. A beer was placed into my hand. Four adorable children between 2 and 7 were buzzing around my feet begging me to play Barbie with them. Three old dogs lazed on the back porch. A huge dinner of pasta and meatballs and broccoli and salad and rolls was placed before me.

I'm in LA and it's 75 degrees and sunny. I remember why it was nice to live in Southern California. Tomorrow I'll probably remember why it wasn't, but for now, another perfect end to another insane day.

1 comment:

  1. hello! I'm the local aerialist musician who wrote you on facebook. I will be zooming to you right after my show ends tonight right near your show. I have another show tomorrow so this is my only chance to catch yours! hope to see you! -J

    ReplyDelete